Bronwen is a lovely Welsh girl’s name and the name is even popular in countries outside Wales.
Bronwen is composed of two elements Bron (fron, which means breast) and wen (gwen, which is the female Welsh word for white or pure in early Welsh).
Bronwen is not in the top 100 baby girl’s name in Wales in 2013 (statistics released by the Government).
Famous People Called Bronwen
Here is a brief list of a few people in the public eye with the first name Bronwen:
- Bronwen Hughes – A Canadian film director who worked on the film Forces of Nature.
- Bronwen Maddox – A journalist who worked for the Times and Financial Times.
- Post your comment of other famous people with the name Bronwen.
- If you found this page helpful you’ll also be interested in our comprehensive list of Welsh girl’s names.
- Help choosing a Welsh baby name.
- See the latest deals on baby equipment here
- You might also be interested in the name Branwen.